Assalam alaikoum wa Rahmatullaah wa Barakaatuh,
[Extracted from the Valley of the Seekers Seminar]
Al-Jabbar: The Superb Comforter, The Restorer, The Irresistible
Root: j-b-r/jabeera: the splint, which is used to set the broken bones: to restore something to sound). The One who irresistibly restores all of creation to soundness and sufficiency. The One who compels each and every thing according to divine will, yet is never compelled.
He is Allah than Whom there is La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) the King, the Holy, the One Free from all defects, the Giver of security, the Watcher over His creatures, the All-Mighty, the Compeller, the Supreme. Glory be to Allah! (High is He) above all that they associate as partners with Him. [59:23]
This name has 3 meanings:
- The One Who solaces and comforts the oppressed
- The Superb Vanquisher (Al-Qahhar) to severely punish the tyrants and oppressive people.
- He is the Most High (Al-Ali)
And We had already forbidden (other) foster suckling mothers for him, until she (his sister came up and) said: “Shall I direct you to a household who will rear him for you, and sincerely they will look after him in a good manner?”
So did We restore him to his mother, that she might be delighted, and that she might not grieve, and that she might know that the Promise of Allah is true. But most of them know not. [28:12-13]
Imagine when you face the Compeller, the Superb Comforter on the Day of Judgement, where people are either oppressors or oppressed. Who will be more fearful?
- Supplicate Him to comfort and mend your heart
- If you have oppressed someone, ask them for forgiveness
- Mend someone’s heart today, Allah will mend yours on the Day of Judgement
- Spread the meaning of this beautiful name