Assalam alaikoum wa Rahmatullaah wa Barakaatuh,
Blessed Jumaah everyone! Hope that all of you are doing/will be doing something beneficial today insha’Allah! (reminder to self!) 🙂
I told Sis Nasmira that I would answer her questions last weekend but had a submission this week 😦 My apologies to her! The questions are from Sis Nasmira’s page but I’ll cut and paste them here insha’Allah 🙂
1.You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Here are my eleven questions:
- Summer or winter?
- The latest book you read?
- If you could swap your country/nationality for any other, which one would it be?
- One random fact about yourself
- What would you have named yourself if you were given the chance to?
- When was the last time you wrote a hand written letter?
- If you could rewrite ONE historic event..what would it be?
- When was the last time you hugged a child, looked into those innocent eyes and told you love him/her?
- When was the last time a stranger smiled at u because of your kind word/deed to him/her ?
- What’s your favorite color 😀
- What got you into blogging?
1) Summer or winter?
Winter without a doubt! 🙂 I told my summer-loving sisters that in winter you can always pile on more clothes when it’s cold but in Summer, you can’t *possibly* remove your clothes to cool yourself down. However, taking wudu’ and waking up for Fajr in winter can be a real challenge!
2) The latest book you read?
Gaza in crisis by Noam Chomsky and Ilan Pape. Still reading the book btw 🙂 If anyone is wondering why I read non-fiction books is that each time I try to read a fiction novel, there’s a voice at the back of my head which keeps saying “It’s/he’s not true/real!” haha. yes I acknowledge that I’m slightly weird 😛
3) If you could swap your country/nationality for any other, which one would it be?
It would have to be Madinah 🙂 Words cannot describe how much I would love love love to live there.
4) One random fact about yourself
I wanted to become a dentist because I like looking at people’s teeth LOL. So sisters, either you cover your mouth with something or wear niqaab when you’re talking to me 😛
5) What would you have named yourself if you were given the chance to?
Safiyyah. Love the meaning of this name and that it sounds pleasant to my ears 🙂
6) When was the last time you wrote a hand written letter?
Reckon in January to my childhood friend. We were ‘celebrating’ our 20 years of friendship 🙂 (geez, I’m that old!)
7) If you could rewrite ONE historic event..what would it be?
Hmm.. I wish I can rewrite all the wars because so many lives were lost.. and for what? But since you said ONE, at the top of my head, I would rewrite the Serb-Bosnian war because so many Muslims were killed unjustly. They surrendered their weapons in return for protection promised to them but in the end, were massacred. May Allah grant all the Muslims who had been oppressed, highest place in Jannah!
8) When was the last time you hugged a child, looked into those innocent eyes and told you love him/her?
Hugged my 4 year old niece a couple of weeks ago before I left. When I told her I love her, she actually reciprocated lol. Usually she ignores me (read: pride lol)
9) When was the last time a stranger smiled at u because of your kind word/deed to him/her ?
Today at a lecture I attended. I congratulated the sister who was seating beside me. She will be graduating end of this semester insha’Allah 🙂
10) What’s your favorite color 😀
RED!! Most of my things are red hehe..If I had my way, I want everything to be red (except my clothes)
11) What got you into blogging?
I started blogging a couple of years ago when I had just started learning about Islam. New knowledge would excite me so much that I had to share it with someone. And since my close friends were either non Muslims or not practising, blogging about Islam was the one of the ways I could discuss any Islam-related topics with other Muslims. At the same time, I could look back and see where I stood in terms of my spirituality and whether I have grown or lagging behind.
My 11 questions:
- What is the one thing you love to do the most (religion aside)?
- Share one interesting experience you had.
- What is your favourite Suraah and why?
- If I were to give you $100 right now, what would you do with it?
- Is there any public figure whom you have great respect for?
- Can you recall what you were doing last year around this month?
- If you’re not a (fill in your occupation), what would you love to be?
- What is your secret to happiness?
- Choose one of the two options – would you rather swim in shark infested waters or parachute from a helicopter (haha random question sorry!)
- A word that describes you best
- Lastly, which Sahaabi/Sahabiyyaat (May Allah be pleased with all of them) are you in awe with the most?
I only know a few bloggers who read my blog so I can’t tag 11 people (lol, how sad I know). So anyone who is reading this, you are most welcome to answer the questions. And as for those bloggers who frequent here, it is FARDH (under my Shari’ah laws lol) upon you to answer. Ok I’m just teasing.. Looking forward to read them! 🙂