Assalam alaikoum wa Rahmatullaah wa Barakaatuh 🙂
I think this blog deserves short update.. and since I’m such a sloth, I’ll write in bullet points 🙂
- Al-Hamdulillah, finally a graduate! 🙂 My graduation will be on the 14th of Sept insha’Allah. After 3 years of slogging, it all comes down to a piece of paper!
- I’ve decided to not find a job for now since I’m applying to do Masters in Feb 2012 insha’Allah. If the application goes smoothly, then I’ll be moving to a whole different country next year 😉 Isn’t it exciting? 😛 Thinking of applying either Masters of Islamic Banking or Masters in teaching Eng as second language. The second option is slightly unorthodox I feel because most people I know rather teach in schools. I think I work best with adults plus, I get the opportunity to learn more about the different cultures and languages since I’m fascinated by them.
- Currently, I’m extending my visa to do volunteer work at a support center for Muslim women here. In fact, I’ve already started working there and although I’ve been there for a short period of time, I feel like I’ve learnt a lot. The support center is mainly aimed at Muslim women who are in need of emotional and financial support. Volunteers get a lot of random tasks like helping a sister write a resume; some come in just to talk; or if they can’t find their way around the city. Apart from that as well, I get to work with so many beautiful (I don’t mean physically. and of course, not implying that they are ugly lol) sisters masha’Allah. They have such wonderful akhlaq! Have always wanted to be a part of such an organization al-Hamdulillah! 🙂
- I have a pet cat now! She actually belongs to someone else but that person decided to give her up so she had been hopping from one owner to another. The last was my brother and since he was going back for hols, I took her in. He’s back and I told him, the cat belongs to me now hehehe 🙂
- Going back a few days before Eid insha’Allah! After 4 years of being away from home, FINALLY I’ll be celebrating with them this year! I’m planning to surprise my mom and sis so only my dad and bro know I’ll be heading home. I have this mental image that I would ring the bell and my mom would open the door only to find me there! Or was thinking that I could sneak into the house and scream ‘Surprise!’ and give everyone a heart attack.. hahaha!
- Little Auntie asked if I’m getting engaged/married.. my answer is unfortunately no 😦
Help me find someone please lol?I remember the younger sisters at my hifdh class asking me the same thing then when I told them I was going to graduate. They bombarded me with all sort of questions, “So do you have anyone now sis?”, “Are you getting married soon?”, “How come you don’t have anyone?”. Haha so cute masha’Allah!
- I’ve packed some of my things and have brought them back home since I’m left with a couple of months before I leave for good. Can’t believe that time just flew past me! I came to Australia when I have not yet turn 18 and had been living independently since. I’m so used to doing everything on my own at my own time and pace; no need to ask for permission or inform anyone. Now that I’m returning home, not sure how I’ll adapt to this drastic change. Hmm..